Wednesday 5 May 2010

Reflecting on the long Journey

You can call this piece a wrap up or final reflection. I just write what I have felt throughout the long route though. Well, after this long route, hard work paid off its servants and our project – Reflecting energy for community development – comes to a fruitful conclusion with the birth of our precious product SunFlower. I believe this product is all but a monument that represents the essence of innovation and the power of unity. Moreover, it is one of its kinds that can be used by anyone as a basis to begin with to provide similar real life solutions to the target groups.

Bringing individuals of different personality in a single team to work for a common cause and achieving their goal is a monotonous task by itself. It requires bearing the frustrations and angers, respecting one another’s opinions and most importantly converging diversified individual ambitions to a single focus to boost the team energy. And sharing the fun, of course! That said, at times, heated arguments and clashes of opinions were not uncommon among our group members and I think this is one of the attributes of a group work which stretched in such a long period of time and I think it is quite Normal.

At the early stages, the more we started working together, the team dynamics developed progressively but the notion of not knowing how to organize the work seemed to take its toll on our progress. In a project of such depth, unless one sit down, split the tasks to smaller ones, dot them down and start working on them, it could be a nightmare to simply think about the final product. Before we gave the real first kick to our work, I personally, at times, thought this whole thing is a mere theory and unachievable. Once we dared to take the first step; the second was easier and then after it got as easy as taking a candy from a baby. Ok, maybe I exaggerate the fact a little bit here. But it is to emphasize the importance of organizing the task and get immersed in it for the smooth flow of the whole activity. Working on the deliverables throughout the project route was between tough and crazy though, especially the construction thing.

And then came the final day ………….

It was everybody’s pride and honor to present their thing in front of such audience and in that breathtaking atmosphere and mine was no different. I have to be honest here. I thought, at some point, that there is some sort of relationship between the names in the audience and my heart beat. The bigger the names, the faster my heart beats when I take the stages for presentations. With all the arrangements and the way things flow together, with that magical atmosphere in the room, it seemed like it was a thesis work defense before the faces of those bunches of academic personalities that crammed the room. So, let us say Hats off for all the teams who keep nerves and did great job to ensure the magnificence of their presentation. Overall, the day lived to my expectations!

We are at the very end of this long journey now with all the funs and the challenges we have shared, with the huge lessons we learnt, with all the great friends we made, along the way. I can sense mixed emotions running down my nerves right now. I am relived because I believe we as a team managed to deliver what was expected from us and from our project. On the other hand, I am afraid I am going to miss all my teammates the, teaching staff, the mentors and the casemates who all worked together as an Item for the success of this mesmerizing course – SGT. Finally, I would like to thank my team members and mentors for what we have done together. I have reaped all the benefits that working with you guys brought with it. The same is true for all parties involved.

See you again, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment